Monday, June 16, 2014

Black Girl Pet Peeves


Well, my friends, it is rant time. Point blank, period. Really, here are the common black girl pet peeves face  in everyday lives. My apologies if it sounds too rough. Just kidding. Take it all in.

1.       “I Don’t Date Black Girls”

Well, for starters, why? Did you have a bad experience with one? Was she a “ratchet”? Was she “too ghetto”? I like to hear both sides of the story. 

Ok, first and foremost, if you getting a girl mad, of any race, she will become your definition of ghetto. Men, be smart and don’t give a reason for a woman to be mad. Once you make her mad, a light switch will be turned on to do deceptive things. If you keep switching from one race to another, you’re going to end up liking men instead. Grow up and act like a man. Love is found when you least accept it; no matter what race she or he may be.

 Secondly, Not all black women are ghetto and immature. Most black women have their business together and don’t have time for childish games. If a black woman is being a little “off” towards you, maybe it’s because you’re being immature, simple as that. Not every woman is like the Housewives of Atlanta where drama is what keeps the show running. Most of us are chill, laid back, strong, driven, and will accomplish anything they put their minds towards. Maybe that intimidates you.

 It takes two people to make a relationship work. If you keep attracting trash, then it may be time to look at YOURSELF and not the race you’re dating. Do you really think things will change with another girl? Nope, because it is you. You aren’t changing. Do you really think love and a good relationship are based off the color of someone’s skin and only that? Are you dating just to date or trying to find a wife one day? Who says, “I love her because she is white. She has a horrible personality and kicks kids in the face but I still love her.” WTF. I’m calling your momma. Takes some time to really find the qualities you want in your feature wife. And if you’re not looking to get married, stop dating.

 

2.       “You Act White”

I act white? How so? Because I talk differently than the black girl from the south? Because I don’t always wear a weave in my hair? The list can go on and on.

Usually when I hear this, I try to laugh and sweep it under the rug but it’s kind of offensive. How would you like it if I said, “You don’t act like a red neck, you act more normal”

 People are the product of their environment. In one culture, it may be the norm to talk a certain way and have certain “family styles.” (Every race can have a baby daddy. Just saying.)  I didn’t know white people got to claim acting like one way versus another. I know I’m not from the hood but that doesn’t make me less black than Tupac. (He’s still alive by the way.) Don’t be rude.

 

3.       “You Have a Normal Name for a Black Girl”

How do you know your name is not normal? Do you have a rule book to naming children? Because, if so, let me see that and pass that out to every expecting mother. How would it feel if I pointed out the fact that you’re a guy with a girl’s name? How does that feel? A person has a name for a reason. Granted, I wouldn’t name my daughter Twerkeisha but maybe that name has a certain meaning to another lady. I don’t know what meaning it is but your kid is cute. Let me hold little Twerkeisha.

 

4.       “You’re Pretty for a Black Girl”

Glad to know you think black people are generally ugly. I just think everything about you is ugly in general. On to the next.
 

5.       “How Many Kids Do You Have?”

Ok, kids! Story time! I had a guy randomly hit on me as I was walking to my car. He bugged me for my number. I was tired and didn’t want to punch him in the face that night so I gave him my number. After him texting me a couple of times, he then proceeds to ask me, “How many kids do you have?” Not, “Do you have any kids?” or “Do you take care of any kids at this present moment?” but just full blown assumed that I had kids. After I called him out, he tried to play it off like, “Oh well since you’re so pretty, I’m surprised you’re not wifed up and have 2-3 kids.” That man was so happy he was not talking to me in person that day.
 
Just because I’m a 26-year-old black woman does not mean I have kids. I made sure not to have kids at a young age. It wasn’t that hard for me. I know more people from my high school who had kids early (some of which are amazing moms) and are mostly white. Being black does not mean the minute I get my high school diploma, or even before that, I am going to have a kid suddenly appear in my arms because that’s the way of life for a woman like me. Nope.
 
Look at Teen Mom on MTV. How many black young mothers are on there? (Oh, Teen Mom. You guilty pleasure, you.) And just to defend the young mothers out there, some of these kids were planned. These kids are not an accident and some people really do want to become young mothers. Change your way of thinking and stop being ignorant.

 
(Don't get mad at the MJ meme. I'm a huge fan of his.)


That’s all I have right now. What do you face every day? Just remember that every woman, not matter what race she may be, is amazing. Everyone woman should be treated like the royalty she is. Don’t settle for less, ladies. One day, these boys will turn into men. God Bless! -Laurie

No comments:

Post a Comment